"for your love, I'd give you the moon if it were mine to give...."

The Yardbirds sang these words back in the 60's, but even though this is not the Summer of Love, I bet you would give the moon to your love, if it was yours to give! I can't give the moon, but I do love making cards and gifts for special occasions, and sometimes just because someone needs a little lift or a reminder that they are loved. I hope you find something you like!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Time for some new projects

We are heading to my favorite place, the mountains of North Georgia, next weekend and I have been making my list of places I need to visit this trip. When I happened upon  a cute little website for fairy and gnome houses, I was so excited as I have been contemplating trying to start a line of Gnome Homes for home and garden decorating.  I cannot wait to visit Sleepy Hollow near Blairsville. Will take lots of pictures to share!

Last night, I made my supply list to start building my little Gnome Homes. This morning, I visited one of my 3 favorite shopping spots: the hardware store! I love to wander around the hardware store, in every department, every aisle, looking at their wares and imagining how I could use them in craft projects. My husband used to question why I was looking at copper pipes and plastic tubing when I was supposed to be picking up nails or weed killer.  :) Now, he understands that is like my idea surfing! LOL

Drawing and sketching is not one of my talents. At all.  When I am building something, I always make a "prototype" out of paper or cardboard, whichever is available at the time.  After returning home with my supplies, I decided to "build" my first gnome home out of cardstock. The little cutie below is made completely out of cardstock, except for the windows and the door know. It can set it on my desk to keep me inspired.  It turned out pretty good. Tomorrow, I start the real thing.

Can't wait to get one made out of wood and share the pictures!

Stay turned......




No comments: