"for your love, I'd give you the moon if it were mine to give...."

The Yardbirds sang these words back in the 60's, but even though this is not the Summer of Love, I bet you would give the moon to your love, if it was yours to give! I can't give the moon, but I do love making cards and gifts for special occasions, and sometimes just because someone needs a little lift or a reminder that they are loved. I hope you find something you like!

Friday, May 2, 2014

All wrapped up for you!

While cleaning out my papercraft stash, I came across some "pizza" boxes that I made for some painted sugar cookies a while back.  That brain juice of mine started flowing and I came up with a folding box that can have several uses. I could put some gift cards in it or adhere pictures on each of the folding sections, or both. I included a pocket in this one, for a gift card. I could also discard the folding wings and just put a pretty cookie or some other little gift in the box.

It looks complicated, but it really isn't. The size you choose determines how much paper. This one is 4" x 4" x 1".  Because I used alternating colors, it took 1 1/2 sheets of scrapbook paper. For mom (or whomever receives the gift), she simply takes the clip off the top (and can use it for a bookmarker in that good book you might also give her for Mother's Day), and opens the box.  It unfolds for her. 


And here is a picture of the one of the painted sugar cookies that fits nicely into this or the pizza boxes.

Now, what can I do tomorrow?




No comments: